We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running an ASEAN Sustainable Energy Week 2023 gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Our three aims
We believe a sustainable event focusses on three key aims:
We want these event to help our energy & environment market to help inspire sustainable development.
We focus on:
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Developing market relevant partnerships
We also want to ensure we run thee vent in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner.
We focus on:
- Reducing our event's carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
We want to consider how we run our events in a socially responsible manner.
We focus on:
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities
- Measuring our impacts
Accelerating sustainable change in our business and the specialist markets we serve by 2025
Faster to Zero
Moving faster to become a zero waste and net zero carbon business.
- Become carbon neutral as a business and across our products by 2025
- Halve the waste generated through our products and events by 2025
- Become zero waste and net zero carbon by 2030 or earlier
Embedding sustainability inside every one of our brands to help our customers accelerate sustainable development in their specialist markets.
- Embed sustainability inside 100% of our brands by 2025
- Help and promote the achievement of the UN's Sustainable Development Goals through our brands
Multiplying the positive impact we create when we improve access to knowledge, help people connect more efficiently and invest in our communities.
- Enable one million disconnected people to access networks and knowledge by 2025
- Contribute $5 bn per year in value for our host cities by 2025
- Contribute value of at least 1% of profit before tax to community groups by 2025
- Save customers more carbon than we emit by 2025
How are we powered by renewable electricity?
Informa uses an established global process to pay the premium for renewable electricity to the producers. These Energy Attribution Certificates (EACs) allow us to match our electricity usage with the required amount of green energy. This creates additional incentives for generators to invest in renewable power. We're still trying to use less electricity overall, but this process also ensures it's as sustainable as possible.
SUSTAINABILITY IN INFORMA MARKETS
Our event is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment.
Many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we're meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it's not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognizing that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we're looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found on the www.informa.com/sustainability including our latest sustainability reports.